The Museum can offer an ad hoc Family and Local History Research service where we are happy to answer your “quick questions” free of charge however, a more extensive search will be charged by the hour.
Inquiries requiring more detailed investigation will need the assistance of a qualified genealogical researcher which we can recommend.
The Museum holds a number of local /family history documents that can be researched at the Museum:
- Village School Admissions Register 1872 -1912
- Monumental Inscriptions from Storrington and surrounding villages
- Storrington Index for Baptisms (1549 – 1901), Banns (1875 – 1901),Marriages (1549 – 1901) and Burials (1549 – 1900)
- Sullington Index for Baptisms (1555 – 1905), Marriages (1555 – 1900), and Burials (1556 – 190
- Storrington and surrounding village War Memorial and Roll of Honour details
For further information regarding local or family history please email your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are happy with the research given please help us with a donation on our Just Giving page, Thank you.